Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Day One: Water Truck

Today we did the first day of “water runs” to Cite Soleil. We made 3 stops with breaks in between for the water truck to be refilled. I was one of the “hose-holders.” It was a gift to be able to see my team members gifts come out during this day - and to see the beautiful children truly enjoying themselves and us, as they made waterslides, splashed us, themselves and each other. One of the most special times was praying on the site of the new school and church being built what used to be a garbage dump. I can truly see hope for the children. I see that this church and school is going to truly change their lives. My heart breaks in Haiti. How grateful I am (we all are) for the gifts we are able to give but also receive today. 

-Linda Kleven 

No comments:

Post a Comment